[Zope-dev] RE: DBtab and BDBStorage

Andrew R. Halko ahalko@insivia.com
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:23:37 -0400

Thanks Shane.  Is all of your suggestions along with the setup I was
considering?  I have to research ZEO, cause I know nothing about it.  Do
you mind explaining the last two things just a slight more as I am
unfamiliar.  Such as how you figure out cache and what is packing?

Andrew R. Halko

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Hathaway [mailto:shane@zope.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 4:17 PM
To: Andrew R. Halko
Cc: 'Fabio Paracchini'; zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: DBtab and BDBStorage

Andrew R. Halko wrote:
> Now, I am trying to setup my dbtab.conf to first test this before I
try
> and integrate it into my current site, which has limited info now, but
> needs to be ready for major population in a week or two at most.  Here
> is what I am guessing for config, maybe you can tell me if I am close
> and what more I need to do.

Some suggestions:

- Use ZEO.  It makes starting/stopping Zope much faster and isolates the

application from the database.

- Put /Plone/portal_catalog in its own database, allowing you to tune
its cache size and pack it more frequently than the rest of the data.

- Watch the activity graphs in the Control_Panel to determine proper
cache sizes.  Note that DBTab 1.2 fixes a bug related to this.

Shane