[Zope-dev] deadlock patch ?

Dirk Datzert dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:21:41 +0200

Hi Zope developers,

I read that Zope 2.6.1 has a deadlock patch integrated.

      - Deadlock prevention code added.

        It was possible for earlier versions of ZODB to deadlock when
        using multiple storages.  If multiple transactions committed
        concurrently and both transactions involved two or more shared
        storages, deadlock was possible.  This problem has been fixed
        by introducing a sortKey() method to the transaction and
        storage APIs that is used to define an ordering on transaction
        participants.  This solution will prevent deadlocks provided
        that all transaction participants that use locks define a
        valid sortKey() method.  A warning is raised if a participant
        does not define sortKey().  For backwards compatibility,
        BaseStorage provides a sortKey() that uses __name__.

Can I find anywhere (maybe CVS) this patch ? I want to look if I can
backport this to Zope 2.3.3, since we
detected such deadlocks on our server.

Regards,
Dirk