FHS, zopectl, #925, Re: [Zope-dev] 2.7 installation

Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis luca@debian.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:19:45 -0500

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:58:54AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> I'm afraid I'll need to understand more about what debian considers
> "architecture dependent".  Can you provide details about what this
> means?

[There is nothing special about Debian and architecture dependent files]

Dependent is any file which cannot be used on a different hardware
architecture. Compiled 'c' code is architecture dependent.
Python compiled source (.pyc, .pyo), text files of any sort and almost all
kinds of data files like sounds, images or videos do behave the same,
regardless the hardware architecture they are installed on: thus they are
architecture independent.

I tryed any conbination of setup.py options to make it work, but i was not
succesful: that led me to think this feature was not considered.

thanks,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have