[Zope-dev] Re: weak examples, weak exploits

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:09:33 -0400

PieterB wrote:
>>Evan Simpson wrote:

>>This seems like a fine idea, but what action would the user take to
>>install examples and extras?
>
> I think the best way would be using a python script/Makefile that
> installs a .zexp file (or use http-upload with httplib). Configure
> should grow a --install-tutorial option.

Mmmm... I need to clarify my question.  Let's say you make and install
Zope.  You fire it up and don't know what to do next.  You look for some
button or control in the UI for displaying documentation and examples.
What do you find?  An entry in the add list?  Will you still find the
"help" link, but clicking it only tells you how to install the
documentation?  Zope needs to help the user find the docs.

Shane