[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] standalone ZODB for large Numeric arrays

Mike Mueller mmueller@dgfz.de
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:19:29 +0100

>>AFAICT, AdaptableStorage is designed to allow this kind of thing.
>>Shane?

Sounds interesting. I am going to search for this.

>Yes, it is.  I don't know anything about NetCDF, but it sounds
>intriguing.  I guess NetCDF is not just an encoding format, but also some
>kind of database for large arrays.
>
>Shane

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html

NetCDF (network Common Data Form) is an interface for array-oriented data
access and a library that provides an implementation of the interface. The
netCDF library also defines a machine-independent format for representing
scientific data. Together, the interface, library, and format support the
creation, access, and sharing of scientific data.

Python interface is contained in Konrad Hinsens Scientifc package

http://starship.python.net/~hinsen/ScientificPython/

Mike