[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Edward Muller edwardam@interlix.com
10 Mar 2003 21:17:34 -0600

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 17:07, Paul Winkler wrote:
> A few questions / concerns listed below, otherwise it looks
> fine to me...
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:41:48PM -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
> >   debug mode
>
> does this still toggle a whole bunch of things?
>
> >   production installation (on/off)
>
> what's this mean?
>
> >   network servers (http, dav, ftp, monitor, etc)
>
> is this where you set the ports?
>
> One thing I didn't see in your list is a way to extend the products
> path (currently I do that with $PRODUCTS_PATH).  We need that.
>
> One more question: Does "zopectl.py" always detach from the terminal
> (booo) or not (yay) ?
> Or does it behave like z2.py and this depends on "debug mode" (booo) ?

Actually I like the way z2.py detaches or doesn't detach. Perhaps a
separate config option would be good to control this.

--
Edward Muller

Interlix - President

Web Hosting - PC Service & Support
Custom Programming - Network Service & Support

Phone: 417-862-0573
 Cell: 417-844-2435
  Fax: 417-862-0572

http://www.interlix.com