[Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:40:39 -0500

Adrian van den Dries writes:
 > On March 19, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
 > > How important is it to support out-of-place builds?
 >
 > http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/InstallationAndConfiguration

Ok, I'm too tired to read that now; I'll look at it tomorrow between
meetings.

 > > configure; make; make install source package installation process
 > > and some form of INSTANCE_HOME installation thereafter.
 > >
 > > INSTANCE_HOME setup becomes the default kind of installation.
 >
 > Is this still current?

Can't say about the wiki offhand, but the quoted statement still
applies.  doc/INSTALL.txt has been updated; see the section "Building
Zope" for the relevant procedure.  (The "Quick Start" section uses an
abbreviated procedure that creates an instance home in the source
directory.)

Time for me to get some sleep.  ;-)

  -Fred

--