[Zope-dev] Any thoughts on when Zope 2.7 beta1 might be available?

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:41:06 +0100

--On Freitag, 21. M=E4rz 2003 2:42 Uhr -0500 Craeg K Strong=20
<cstrong@arielpartners.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am using multiple third party Python libraries with Zope, and they are
> no longer supporting Python 2.1.X at all.  I am forced to upgrade to
> Python 2.2.X
>
> As I see it, my options are:
>
> 1- try to recompile Zope 2.6.1 from source using Python 2.2.2 (and cross
> my fingers) 2- wait for the Zope 2.7
>
> I think Python 2.2.2 support is the most important feature for me in Zope
> 2.7 -- frankly I wouldn't care if that were its *only* new feature beyond
> what 2.6.1 supports

2.7alpha had been planned for February  however there seems to be a delay
(maybe because of the new-install-branch which seems to be a very
important improvement). Feel free to work with the CVS head. And maybe
anyone from ZC should update the 2.7 wiki.

-aj