[Zope-dev] ConflictError

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
28 Mar 2003 14:12:37 -0300

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 06:15, Andre Schubert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a little problem with the following log-entry in my logfile.
>
> 2003-03-28T10:09:18 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error at /foo/bar/tab_kopf (1 conflicts since startup at 2003-03-28T10:09:03).
>
> After searching through several mailinglists i found that this
> error seem to occur when using sessions, i'am right ?
> But my problem is, that tab_kopf is a ImageFile defined in my Product.
>
> tab_kopf = ImageFile('www/tab_kopf.gif',globals())
>
> I dont understand how there could be a ConflictError on a Image ?
> I hope someone could give me a tip whats going on.

Conflict Errors are things that can happen during the normal course of a
Zope operation. They happen whenever a request tries to read or write an
object for the first time in a request (transaction) that started before
another request (transaction) that already modified such object. Zope
automatically restarts the conflicting transaction, so the only visible
effect is a little delay before the transaction finishes.

You should only worry if you're seeing a copious amount of such
messages, or if you are seeing these errors in the browser, which
happens after zope retries the transaction 3 times and still gets a
conflict error, in which case it gives up.

	Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.