[Zope-dev] Catalog Aware

MidnightFears@aol.com MidnightFears@aol.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 09:51:01 EDT

--part1_16b.1e04704e.2be3d1c5_boundary

I have made my top-level class CatalogAware. This class consists of hundreds
of compound data elements that are not specifically declared to be
CatalogAware, yet they are grouped into one index recorded for the top-level
class. I know in order to get the delete, cut, copy, and paste functionality
to work in reindexing items I need to override these methods. However, this
has no effect on reindexing a simple compound element when it is the only
item cut and pasted, deleted, etc.

My question is, should I override the main functions that control these
operations from the manage_main view? I have already made modifications to
the presentation logic of manage_main. Is overriding the button functionality
a 'smart' thing to do? I need the delete operation to perform other tasks as
well, i.e. when an object of a certain meta_type is deleted, a mirrored
folder structure at the root should be automatically deleted as well.

thanks, stacy

--part1_16b.1e04704e.2be3d1c5_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have made my top-level class CatalogAware. This clas=
s consists of hundreds of compound data elements that are not specifically d=
eclared to be CatalogAware, yet they are grouped into one index recorded for=
 the top-level class. I know in order to get the delete, cut, copy, and past=
e functionality to work in reindexing items I need to override these methods=
. However, this has no effect on reindexing a simple compound element when i=
t is the only item cut and pasted, deleted, etc. <BR>
<BR>
My question is, should I override the main functions that control these oper=
ations from the manage_main view? I have already made modifications to the p=
resentation logic of manage_main. Is overriding the button functionality a '=
smart' thing to do? I need the delete operation to perform other tasks as we=
ll, i.e. when an object of a certain meta_type is deleted, a mirrored folder=
 structure at the root should be automatically deleted as well.<BR>
<BR>
thanks, stacy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_16b.1e04704e.2be3d1c5_boundary--