[Zope-dev] Re: ZODB interpretation of OO data model

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 09:43:56 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> ZODB is built on the OO data model.  What we're talking about is
>> allowing applications to use another model at the same time, because
>> the OO data model (or perhaps the way ZODB interprets it)
>
> Is this the bit that effectively says "every object must have one, and
> only one, canonical traversal path to access it?

No, that's the filesystem model as interpreted by Zope.  The OO model
simply says that the objects are the database.  You might say the OO
model is a low-level model that doesn't intrinsically provide high-level
operations like two-way relationships.

Shane