[Zope-dev] Product refresh causes database connections leaking

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Wed, 07 May 2003 17:10:14 +0200

I'm developing a product (based on SimpleUserFolder), which adds a
folder with some ZSQL methods to itself on instanciation.
The ZSQL methods use a database adapter (Z Psyco DA 1.1.3, symptoms
occur also with older versions).

After some time things went awry, because the DA had lost its connection
to the database and couldn't reconnect, because the max connections
postgres would allow were used.

Now I think I found the cause, because everytime I refresh my product,
and the ZSQL Methods are used, the number of connections to postgres
grows by 4.

Anybody knows what exactly is to blame, zope's refresh procedure or the
database adapter?

cheers,
oliver