[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Wed, 07 May 2003 17:33:01 +0200

Yuppie wrote:
> We don't know what people did with _objects, so _objects might be
> important.

Yes, I've seen people using the "Rename"-Button (=> delete and recreate)
to order a folder... Wired, but the result is: _objects are a ordered tuple.

> That means: All Zope2 Folders have to be converted to Zope3 Folders with
> OrderSupport (what ever OrderSupport would look like in Zope3).

Indeed...

> If that is the case, I can't see why the default Zope2 Folder can't have
> OrderSupport.

Returning to the starting point of the discussion weeks ago? Interesting...

I like the idea of the OrderSupport-Mixin-class. But maybe we shouldn't
introduce a new additional meta_type "Folder (Ordered)". Instead we
should extend the normal Folder with OrderSupport as originally
proposed. People who don't need order support don't have to use it. All
other people can use the OrderSupport without converting their
Folder-(or-derived)-Instances.

Cheers, Maik