[Zope-dev] Several reports about data loss after packing

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 15:52:26 +0100

(deliberately crossposting 'cos this is a pretty serious issue...)

Maik Jablonski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the last weeks there were several reports (recently two reports on
> zope@zope.org) about data loss after packing the ZODB. I've encountered
> the problem two times in production environments for myself... and I'm
> not lucky about that fact.
>
> See:

> For me all the descriptions seem to be related to:
>
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875
>
> Maybe it's only a problem when ZEO is used (I'm not sure about this).

I've got a 2.6.1 ZEO which doesn't appear to be loosing data and is packed on an
hourly basis. However, no Undo is done on this server.

IIUC, the Undo stuff is what's causing the problems...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is anyone working on it?

cheers,

Chris