[Zope-dev] WebDAV File Descriptor Leak

Shane Hathaway shane@ZOPE.COM
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:54:40 -0400

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:28:16PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> | I checked the corresponding code and the temporary files should be closed
> | automatically when the upload was successful (the __del__() method of the
> | TemporaryFile
> | class closes the file). The leak might come from unfinished uploads. In
> | this case the
> | iTemporaryFile instance is not destroyed.
>
> I remember that Shane fixed a leak related to File uploads a few
> months ago. Dunno if it was related to file descriptors, but AFAIR, it
> was fixed just on HEAD. Correct me if Im wrong.

It was directly related to file descriptors, and I fixed it both on the
head and the branch, although it wasn't specific to WebDAV.  Brian,
please try the latest Zope-2_6-branch.  It includes the following
easy-to-backport changes:

http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZServer/HTTPServer.py.diff?r1=1.45&r2=1.46
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py.diff?r1=1.89&r2=1.90

Shane