[Zope-dev] [CRITICAL] Conflict Errors, Transactions,Retries,OhMy....

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 14:52:28 -0400

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> What are these rules? what happens if an application doesn't follow
> them? Do we get Conflicts just like before or are we suddenly bound to
> make the application follow the rules?

The important rule, which only has to be followed by the portion of the
application running inside the special connection, is that changes to
objects should be made through the replayable interface provided by the
connection.  If the connection detects changes made outside the
replayable interface, it will probably complain in a log message and let
conflict errors propagate to the application until the next transaction.

> I read the Shield/README.txt and the ArmoredCatalog proposal, but I'm
> still a bit lost.

The ideas weren't as clear in my head then as they are now. :-)  See my
reply to Chris.

Shane