[Zope-dev] dir()

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Nov 5 08:15:13 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 06:57, Dmitrij Repp wrote:
> I started to program for Zope and have found out, that
> some commands in Python have been excluded. I miss
> command dir(). Whether there is any opportunity to
> replace it?
> Or how I can find out methods/properties of object?

Note that you *can* use the full power of Python with Zope, including
the debugger;  you just can't use everything inside "untrusted" code
(Python Scripts, DTML, PageTemplates).  Zope 2.x implicitly trusts code
loaded from the filesystem, and implicitly distrusts code loaded from
the ZODB.

Check out:

http://zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/UsingTheZopeDebugger

or search zope.org for 'debugger' for pointers to third-party apps which
integrate their debuggers with Zope.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com