[Zope-dev] Can we forsake database backward compatability on the head for a while?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 25 16:18:17 EST 2003

Zope 2.8 will not include the old BTree or intSet objects.  I plan to
arrange for this not to be a problem for old databases. Somehow, Zope 2.8
will convert these automatically.  I haven't done this yet though.

I'd like to merge the new-style ExtensionClass and ZODB 3.3 work soon.
I'd like not to wait for the old-style BTree and intSet compatability
work.

This would mean that old databases would not be useable with the CVS head
in the near term.  Would this cause anyone any problems?

Jim