[Zope-dev] session concurrency

Clemens Robbenhaar robbenhaar at espresto.com
Tue Nov 25 16:22:11 EST 2003

Hi Santi,

 > I've a product, http://zetadb.sourceforge.net, that uses SESSION
 > extensively.   I've just discover, unhappiness, that there are some
 > problems when SESSION object is changed at the same time in two diferent
 > python scripts (using frames).  The two frames are changing diferent
 > keys of the SESSION object, but at the end the whole SESSION object is
 > saved, I think, so one of the two objects losses its SESSION data
 >
 > Anybody knows any workarround about this?

 I guess this happens because the SESSION is stored with a low conflict
resolution in the TempFolder. You should be able to switch the conflict
resolution in the temp folder to something more strict, which may
increase the number conflict errors a lot.

 There have been a thread which may tell You how to do this on this
list in March(?) of this year; seaching the mailing list archive
for "LowConflictConnection" or something similar may help.

Cheers,
Clemens