[Zope-dev] Very fast requests beating ZODB commits...

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 14 00:25:20 EDT 2003

I'm seeing the following behaviour in Zope2.7b2 (python 2.3.2) on a relatively
fast computer (Athlon 1.8GHz):

1. request comes in which modifies ZODB
2. code handling request replies with REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect()
3. redirected page uses data input at step 1 (specifically, it's auth info)
   but that info hasn't been committed yet, so we get errors

So I've modified the method at step #1 to get_transaction().commit() before
doing the redirect(), but I'm usually a little concerned when I have to
invoke the transaction machinery directly like this...

Any thoughts? Is there some way to hold the redirect off until after the
transaction is committed normally?

    Richard