[Zope-dev] possible compromise

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Oct 14 16:18:17 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 16:08, Chris Pelton wrote:
> Yes, that's what I'm thinking happened here, but I need to verify that
> was the case.  Are there any logs in zope that could help track this
> down, or a known configuration that would allow it to happen? Also, for
> future reference, can we disable this? Any ideas how someone might be
> able to tell Zope is running?

I believe that the scenario Robert is describing does not actually
involve Zope at all;  rather, (in this scenario) Apache is willing to
forward arbitrary traffic, via the 'CONNECT' verb.  Check your Apache
access logs for the HTTP verb, 'CONNECT'.  Squid's default configs have
specific settings to allow CONNECT only for HTTPS;  I'm guessing that
your Apache config might need to be tweaked likewise.