[Zope-dev] java + zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Oct 23 12:26:50 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:13:56PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2003 16:06 Uhr +0400 "\"Bibikov Kirill\" "
> <bkirill at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> >How can I make java + zope integration for web application development?
> >Have it something for this? Does it must to know Python, is it necessary?
> >

> Zope has never been designed to work with Java except through calling Java
> through external processes. Check the mailing list archive since this is a
> FAQ.

You can also go the other way - make calls to Zope from java via http.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pstream/
... although it looks like skyleach is several months behind on his
cvs commits.  He's a coworker of mine, we've been using this in
production for quite a while. Personally I think it's a bit nuts (I'd rather
do all the apps in python if not zope), but i'm just one zope/python guy
in a hardcore java shop :-]
and I'm happy that it got us to use zope for content management
instead of a $$$$$ java CMS.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com