[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6+ pyton 2.3 ? and "Bad Call" on zope 2.6.2/python 2.1.3 with profiling turned on.

Romain Slootmaekers romain at zzict.com
Wed Oct 29 05:28:36 EST 2003

Yo,

I have an elaborate piece of python code that works fine, but with
profiling turned on, it barfs a "Bad Call" message.

When google-ing for a solution, the only thing I could find was a

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2003-June/018510.html

There's a follow up stating it's "already fixed",
and does not occur in  Python 2.2.x and beyond.

So now my questions are:

-  how difficult is it to get a zope 2.6.2 (or 2.7) working with a
python 2.2.x or 2.3. on a windows platform? (I read up on the changes
between 2.6 and 2.7 and it does not seem to change python version.)

- I believe there's a concensus that the next major 2.X release should
jump immediately 2.3, but is there a timeline ?

- or is there a workaround/solution to the "Bad Call" problem?

This all to see if I should invest time in getting a 2.6 or 2.7 +python
2.3 up and running or I should do my own time measurements/profiling effort.

TIA,

Romain Slootmaekers.