[Zope-dev] Communication between Zserver and ZPublisher

Alexander Schad ags at beehive-eu.com
Mon Sep 15 07:49:50 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I'd like to understand how the communication between the ZServer and the ZODB
works. As far as i know the ZServer (Web server) talks to the ZPublisher (ORB)
to get the Requested Object. But do they communicate via tcpip sockets or
unix sockets?
I have a problem with hanging connections (for more than 10000s) on the debug
screen in zopes control panel and when all connections are jammed zope freezes.
I need to  find out where the connections gets stuck and why there is no
timeout
(i even tried to hack in the timeoutsocket module without any effect).
I think i need to debug this on the os level to find out what these blocked
connections are
doing. But since i'm no unix system administrator i really don't know where
i should
start my investigation.

thanks,

                 Alexander Schad