[Zope-dev] Etag support in page templates

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Wed Sep 17 07:32:54 EDT 2003

Jamie Heilman wrote:
 >  Solution A)
>  Solution B)

The correct answer, of course, is to do both...

Sorry, but not everyone fronts Zope with a proxy (yes, of coruse they should
Jamie, but you have to understand not everyone is qutie as godlike as wants to
get going as quickly as possible so they can try thing out, not as correctly as
possible... hence the use case of Zope running standalone on a Win98 laptop ;-)

In addition, some people's proxies may not be capable of adding the required
headers.

Finally, if support is added back, I'd like to see if via an API, so I can
configure at the application level what headers are sent and from where.

I wonder if RESPONSE.setHeader() is sufficient for this?

cheers,

Chris