[Zope-dev] More Beginner doubts

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 18 14:55:10 EDT 2003

Emiliano Marmonti wrote at 2003-9-17 22:51 -0300:
 > Thanks Andrew, I'll try it.
 > Now I'm testing inside Zope and everything looks well, except for:
 >
 >              self.cat.addIndex('id','FieldIndex' )
 >              self.cat.addIndex('name' ,'FieldIndex' )
 >              self.cat.addIndex('observaciones','FieldIndex' )
 >              get_transaction().commit()
 >
 > Zope is telling me that from this version (2.6) I could not addIndex
 > here, must be done outside(where?), in the Application (that I haven't).
 > My problem is that I create the catalog inside the class

I have the feeling that you are working on a too low level.

In Zope, you would usually work with a "ZCatalog" instance
and not a "Catalog" instance.

ZCatalog's "addIndex" has the signature you expect.
"Catalog"'s "addIndex" has the signature "addIndex(name,indexObject)".
See at "ZCatalog.addIndex" code to find out how to convert
an index type into an index.

Dieter