[Zope-dev] Re: error_log missing things?

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Wed Sep 24 14:45:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> I see from the CVS logs that you originated the error_log tool so I thought I'd
> try you for ideas, and CC zope-dev in case anyone there can help...
>
> I've been having some fun'n'games with Oracle:
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-db/2003-September/002149.html
>
> The weird thing, that's since occurred to me, is that none of these errors are
> finding their way into the event log via the error_log object.
> In fact, they're not showing up in the error_log at all :-S
>
> any ideas?

Presumably, some error occurred that led to ZPublisher aborting the
transaction.  Since transaction abort is never supposed to fail, perhaps
ZPublisher doesn't use the same mechanism to report transaction abort
failures.

It looks like DCOracle2 needs to be more careful about propagating errors
during the second phase of a transaction.

Shane