[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Proposal: Move to subversion for source code control of the Zope and ZODB projects

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Mon Apr 12 08:44:24 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 08:11:44AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
| Lennart Regebro wrote:
| >From: "Jim Fulton" <jim at zope.com>
| >
| >>Initially, I propose to move just the repository heads. Maintenamce
| >>branches (e.g. Zope 2.6 and Zope 2.7) will remain in CVS.
| >
| >What is the rationale behind not moving it all?
|
| Risk mitigation;  we have significant support requirements for deployed
| systems built around CVS for both 2.6- and 2.7-based sites, whereas the
| head and Zope3 have no such inertia.  We don't know enough about the
| migration process to have any confidence that existing history /
| branches, etc., won't be somehow messed up, which makes it prudent to
| plan the migration around the already-unstable bits.

Just FYI, Kapil has been doing a good job at improving the script that
migrates from CVS to SVN, and we are ready to flip the switch to move
Plone, Collective and possibly Archetypes to SVN.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Real computer scientists like having a computer on their desk, else how
could they read their mail?