[Zope-dev] [Zope-CMF] Tests (Was: some small proposals)

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Apr 13 10:16:56 EDT 2004

I would like to see the following functionality when it comes to unit
testing:

1. An easy consistent way to run ONE unit test, no matter if it's made for
Zope, or CMF, and no matter it it's done with straight unittest or
ZopeTestCase.

2. An easy and consistent way to run all unit test in a directory. No matter
if its... and so on.

3. An easy way to run all unit tests in Products. No matter etc, etc...

4. An easy way to run all unit tests in both Products and lib/python. No
matter blablabla...

5. This should be reasonably easy to do from both Windows and Unix.

To me, it seems like testrunner should be able to do this, if it weren't for
the CMF tests for some reason unknown to me breaking this pattern. I would
like that fixed. I'm not 100% sure what the problems are and my feeble
attempt of suggesting fixes earlier haven't been any good.

I think it would be great if thsi could be dicsussed, and useful solutions
suggested.