[Zope-dev] Zope 2.X Session problems

alex at halogen-dg.com alex at halogen-dg.com
Tue Apr 20 10:28:39 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Great, I'm going to consider that a resounding endorsement and check it
> in soon; please do let me know if you see anything odd come up.
>
> If anyone else has been having issues with the old Transience module,
> and would like to provide feedback on the newer implementation, please
> get this file:
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/*checkout*/Products/Transience/Transience.py?rev=1.32.12.2.2.2&only_with_tag=chrism-sessiongeddon
>
> ... and temporarily replace Zope's lib/python/Transience/Transience.py
> with this newer version to help test it out, and report back the results
> here.

I am using new Transience.py, and my temp_folder is on Sessions.fs ZODB
now. I have one problem with it - it does not seems that this way it
deletes old expired Sessions. The number of objects grow and grow, and
today we reached limit. I think I have to delete Sessions.fs every night
and restart Zope. Is it expected expected behavior when using file
storage? I was thinking that only problem of this kind of storage is the
need to pack the database sometimes.