[Zope-dev] The bleak Future of Zope?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Apr 22 18:59:52 EDT 2004

Joachim Werner wrote at 2004-4-21 21:24 +0200:
>Believe me or not, almost everything gets
>more complicated with CMF/Plone than with plain Zope.

I do not believe you.

We have used CMF (mostly the SkinsTool, the ActionsTool and DCWorkflow)
very successfully to build

  *  an editorial system for news and newletters

  *  an E-Commerce solution

  *  partner portals

  *  a content management system for fragmented SGML/XML documents

We plan to use it for

  *  the configuration of a production process

  *  customizable intranet solutions.

  * ...

>Building a
>framework on top of a broken framework on top of an ageing framework
>that is hardly documented isn't a very good idea after all.

Would be interested why you think the CMF were broken.

The source documentation of Zope is not optimal but not too bad
at all. Tools like my "DocFinder" and "Zpydoc" allow you to
access this source documentation quite easily.

--
Dieter