Zope Book development moved (was Re: Call for Zope Book volunteers (was Re: Zope Book, was Re: [Zope-dev] The bleak Future of Zope?))

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Apr 22 21:29:14 EDT 2004

I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that Zope.org is just not going
to cut it to do Zope Book development work due to its speed (or lack
thereof).

I'd like to help fix the Zope.org slowness problem, but I'm a little
unclear about what's required for me to get the level of access required
to do so.  I read the stuff at Zope.org/About and Zope.com/Legal but
it's a little hard to divine out of the combination what I need to do
before I can be allowed to help.  So of the Zope.org Application Server
Working Group/Zope Application Working Group/Whoever wants help trying
to fix it, you know where to find me!  Just don't make me attend a 7am
committee meeting or sign a noncompete instrument <wink>.

In the meantime, in the spirit of expedience, I'm moving the development
version of the book to plope.com.  Once 2.7 edition development work is
done, I will move a copy of the book back to Zope.org so it can be found
easily by newbies.  Interested parties can now refer to
http://www.plope.com/Books/zb_signup for project information.

- C