[Zope-dev] How should an ideal Zope IDE look like?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Sat Apr 24 17:35:15 EDT 2004

I agree with Andre.

The feature list is ambitious, but complete.  That's pretty much what
I was about to write myself, but he beat me to it :)

More important is the second point:  Having such a tool would bring a
HUGE amount of value added to Zope. Mega, super huge.

In fact I was once presented with an OO CMS much like Zope, but commercial,
where the IDE/Management interface was much like this ... That alone
was worh the 50K price tag ... Want to load a document ? Click -> Drag ->
Done.
That simple.

My main concern would be it's adaptibility to custom content types. If I
have my own Geospatial-ish content type, how would the IDE handle it ?
How would I go about making it handle it ? etc ...

In some respects I thnk such a project would be best "hosted" with Zope
itself, since to make it work really well you may need to do work
real close to the core of Zope.  Also, as mentionned given the immense
value added to the product, I'm thinking ZC would benefit greatly from
it and should maybe be involved ?

Basically, yo me this should be a core feature of Zope, not an add-on.

J.F.