[Zope-dev] How should an ideal Zope IDE look like?

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Sun Apr 25 00:55:45 EDT 2004

On Saturday 24 April 2004 21:24, Joachim Werner wrote:
> All documentation about interfaces and APIs should be available wherever it
> makes sense, e.g. I can query for all components that are registered for a
> certain interface and view the interface definitions.

This tool already exists. Get a latest Zope 3 version and fire it up. Then
type

http://localhost:8080/++apidoc++

You will be represented with a fully dynamic, custom-registration precise and
totally cross-referenced API documentation. The quality of some of the output
depends heavily on the doc strings in the interfaces (we currently do not use
a common style, rest or stx; but this should be fixed soon).

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter