[Zope-dev] Policy for Collector-Issues 545 and 1217?

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Sun Apr 25 20:23:06 EDT 2004

Maik Jablonski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are two collector-issues related to problems when Zope-Objects get ids
> like 'content_type' or 'URL1'. I think this problem exists for all names
> used in the REQUEST-object or general acquisitionable attributes of
> ObjectManagers.
>
> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/545
> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1217

> I don't think that these issues cannot easily be solved in Zope2 without
> breaking the whole acquisition-magic.

Sure they can.  The problem is DTML and people not correctly limiting
their namespace stacks when they should.  Its not pretty when fixed
because the code gets extremely verbose, but thats price of DTML.

> What to do? The problem exists, but a fix is hard to find... if at all.
> Accepting? Rejecting?

Accept, they are completely fixable.  I've probably already fixed
those bugs in my fork, I'll hunt around and see if I can find the
relevant files and post followups to the bugs.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/