[Zope-dev] Problems with session on ZEO

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Aug 4 10:12:46 EDT 2004

--On Mittwoch, 4. August 2004 9:27 Uhr -0400 Chris McDonough
<chrism at plope.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 08:47, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:37:28AM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
>> >
>> > Wow!  You appear to be the first person to get this symptom who does
>> > not use Plone.  This is a great data point.  This error is being
>> > tracked at http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1401 .  There is no
>> > solution currently, we need volunteers to help reproduce and/or debug
>> > it.
>>
>> I am running plone2.
>
> Ah.  Well, at least it continues to be consistent then...

>> > <snip config>
>> >
>> > I suspect the fact that you're running sessioning over ZEO doesn't much
>> > matter here as people who are using the default config also get the
>> > error... (which is a good data point in itself).
>>
>> Im getting this error since i have updated to Zope 2.7.1 and switched
>> from  filestorage to tempstorage for sessioning.
>
> I suspect the first change (updating to Zope 2.7.1) is to blame, and the
> second change (switching from filestorage to tempstorage) is unrelated.
>
> I wish I had a solution other than "move back to 2.7.0" for you, but I
> don't.  Someone needs to help make this error trivially repeatable in
> order to get it fixed.

The whole problem might be related to some version of
PlacelessTranslationService.
Christian Heimes' hint was to upgrade to the latest PTS version from the
CVS which
seems to solve the problem although the traceback indicates some deeper
error
in some C-extension.

Andreas