[Zope-dev] Re: closed collector issues 1252 and 1308

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Aug 24 12:30:34 EDT 2004

Hi!

Chris Withers wrote:
>> Just want to let you know that I'm not happy with the way these two
>> collector issues were "resolved":
>>
>> <http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1252>
>> <http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1308>
>>
>> Hope at least one of them will be re-opened.
>

> Since these are both confused, long standing feature requests, what I'd
> recommend instead is writing a mail to this list explaining exactly what
> the problem is that you're having, the changes you would like made, and
> why you'd likee them made. You could even give it a nice descriptive
> subject line :-)
>
> I suspect there's a solution that doesn't involve any changes to Zope
> lurking there since this funcionality, as best I can understand it,
> seems to be extremely rarely requested.

I'm not complaining about the fact that these issues are still
unresolved. They are not "long standing feature requests" and nobody
*has to* resolve open issues.

The problem is that these issues were marked as 'resolved' / 'rejected'
  and all objections were ignored. That does not comply with these rules:

<http://dev.zope.org/CVS/CollectorStatuses>
<http://dev.zope.org/CVS/CollectorStatusesAlt>

Cheers,
	Yuppie