[Zope-dev] Events in the core

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Dec 12 17:50:45 EST 2004

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2004-12-10 19:02 +0100:
>The two options we have are quite different:
>
>The model in Products/Event and Products/EventListenerTool is geared
>toward local definition of listeners and rules for dispatch (if needed,
>the tool could easily be divorced from CMF by the way).
>
>Zope 3's event model (and the Five backport) is first a global event
>service, and global subscribers that may look in context-dependent
>places for specific logic to dispatch events.
>
>So we have to chose. Jim added a comment in
>http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/IncludeEventsInCore saying
>(unsurprisingly) that he'd rather use the Zope 3 event system.

I fear that we also need to control the order in which subscribers
are notified:

  Consider for example the notification about the creation
  of a object. Both the catalog service and the workflow service need to
  be notified.

  If the catalog service is notified first, the workflow service must
  renotify the catalog service to get the workflow variables indexed.

--
Dieter