[Zope-dev] Zope Service on Windows

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Dec 16 13:11:41 EST 2004

Howdi.

I just checked in how I finally got Zope 2.7.x to run as a service on
Windows again. Setting the PYTHONPATH environment actually even makes
more sense here as the CreateProcess API call won't take the sys.path
into the new python, but the environment variables. This now also plays
with the import of sitecustomize.py correctly.

I still wonder why this seems to behave differently in 2.7 as in 2.8.
The 2.8 currently works as a service out of the box. I don't see the
actual difference. Anybody tell me. I'm scared.

Also: I'd like to know if this solution for 2.7 is acceptible or not. It
works for me but I'm everything but a windows guru.

Cheers,
Christian

PS: See
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/skel/bin/Attic/zopeservice.py.in.diff?r1=1.1.2.8&r2=1.1.2.9&only_with_tag=Zope-2_7-branch
for the change.

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -