[Zope-dev] Is Zope.2.7.4 feature frozen ?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Dec 20 10:10:55 EST 2004

--On Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 9:48 Uhr -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com>
wrote:

>> These are improvements of existing functionalies but not new features.
>
> I consider "improvements of existing functionality" to be a new feature.
> Third-dot releases should be only for bug fixes.

Then I call them "new mini features" which are reasonably manageable through
a reasonable release management (I hope we have one :-)).

> Sometimes we compromise on this.
>
> I realize that the lack of progress on 2.8 creates pent up demand
> for new features in earlier releases.  I'm not sure what to do
> about that.  I know I won't be able to spend time on 2.8 until
> after the new year, at least.

I am not in the position to tell people what to do but an ongoing Z2
development
is vital for Zope and its community. A standstill is like going a step
back. This is especially true
as long  as Zope 3 has the infrastructure that we need to build systems we
can build with Zope 2.

Andreas