[Zope-dev] Why third_party/docutils?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:08:56 EST 2004

[Jim Fulton]
>>> We include all of docutils in Zope 3 and don't adjust the paths.
>>> We *did*adjust docutils slightly.

[Andreas Jung]
>> No, Zope 3 ships only with the 'docutils' subdirectory of the
>> Docutils package.

[Jim]
> What is it lacking?

I suppose it's the 'docs', 'extras', 'licenses' and 'tools'
subdirectories, although I see that the 'tools' subdirectory checked
in on Zope-2_7-branch was stripped of its GPL'ed pieces first.

Andreas, does Zope 2 *use* any of the stuff in the non-docutils subdirectories?

Jim, while I personally don't care much, Zope3's repackaging of
docutils doesn't meet license requirements to retain the original
licenses in derivative works.  Zope2's does, because it includes
docutil's whole 'licenses' subdirectory (except for the GPL).