[Zope-dev] help

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Feb 24 20:40:17 EST 2004

Vandana Bajaj wrote:

> I am a software developer in SuSE
> I have installed Zope in SUSE.
> I want to be able to print from a html page to a printer
> with measurements as per to the html page produced.
> I wish to know whther printing from a web page is possoble or not.
> If yes then is it possible to print accurately upto measurements
> specified.
> Will it depend on the type of the printer.

This has almost nothing to do with Zope. (And I say "almost" only
because Zope is a web server and this asks about HTML.)

Printing of web pages is almost entirely up to the browser. Most will
try to print something that looks very much like the page you see on
your screen. You can, however, define CSS styles specifically for
printing, which should allow you to have some control over sizes et al.
Perhaps you can look at how Plone does this.

          --jcc

--
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."