[Zope-dev] New-style classes and ClassSecurityInfo, fixed already?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Tue Jan 6 05:19:29 EST 2004

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 00:06, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>

>>    http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1055
>>
>>Is a bug report I filed a while ago for a fairly trivial breakage of the
>>ClassSecurityInfo class due to the use of assignment to the class
>>dictionary during the apply method. [...]
>>
>>The InitializeClass function also needs to have the same transformation
>>applied to it.
>>
>>If desired I can pull the CVS tree and produce a diff if the problem
>>isn't already solved.
>>

>If you do that, and attach the patch to the bug report, people with CVS
>access will have even less excuses not to fix it :-)

Okay, this appears to have been fixed in CVS by Jim back in November.

Revision : 1.15
Date : 2003/11/28 16:45:22
Author : 'jim'
State : 'Exp'
Description :
New-style class dictionaries are immutable. Changed some class-update
code to use setattr rather thah class-dictionary modifications.

If someone wants to close the issue out, that'd be cool.

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder