[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7 broken on Windows

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalprogression.net
Tue Jan 6 06:54:00 EST 2004

> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1128
>
> Not being able to use the calendar module on Zope 2.7 breaks our MailManager
> and more importantly the CMF!

Looking at this a bit more I'm guessing that Python's new datetime module
was removed to avoid conflict with Zope's DateTime on Window's case
insensitive file system.

Checking out http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0235.html and followed up by
some quick testing it looks like it works fine so datetime could be added
back to the installer without causing any problems.

I think work-around for us will be just to supply the missing file with
advice on were to put it.

Is this sensible or have I missed something?