[Zope-dev] Where to put Zope 3 in Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 9 17:26:15 EST 2004

I want to make the zope.interface (Zope 3 Interfaces) package
available on the Zope 2 head (aka Zope 2.8).  I propose to add
lib/python/zope3 as a container for zope 3 packages. This new
directory will be added to the path used by Zope 2.

A separate directory is needed because there are packages in Zope 2
and Zope 3, most notably zope and Zope, with names differing only in
case.

I will also replace the existing Interfaces package with a facade package
that uses zope.interfaces.

Jim