[Zope-dev] About Zope Security (was: Zope - SecurityFocus Newsletter #232)

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Jan 23 06:17:38 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone shed light on all of these? I know about some of them, but
> this is quite a disturbingly long list...

What is the current status of these issues? I am running a rather larges
site with sensitive personal data.

The decision to use Python/Zope instead of Java/uPortal is very much
debated by people whith power, and I am trying to protect the investment
made in Zope.

I know, you get what you pay for etc, but I am struggling to keep Zope
instead of having to  migrate to Java, and it is hard enouigh as it is.
All this is politics, perception and logistics and has nothing to do
with technical advantage.

Unfortunately I cannot help very much in resolving these issues since I
am not knowledgeable enough to be able to help, but I would like to
follow the status of these issues, under NDA if need be.

It is also a matter of taking steps to protect personal data.

Sincerely,

/dario