[Zope-dev] Security validation issue

Herman Geldenhuys hgeldenhuys at gims.com
Fri Jan 30 04:15:32 EST 2004

Hi

> Herman Geldenhuys wrote:
>
> > I've written a Zope product that exposes a "MenuItem". I add a menuItem
> > in a Zope folder, and I have no difficulty accessing and editing it via
> > the ZMI. I've written an xml-rpc-like protocol for Zope, that basically
> > validates the security "manually".
>
> What do you mean by "manually"?

By manually I mean that I have to do the validation myself. I have written a
new protocol that plugs into the Zope application server. It's called OZE
and I am about to release the source on sourceforge. Its an RPC-like
protocol. But in a nutshell, I must do the security validation myself,
because I bypass a few usual-Zope elements in the framework.

I will gladly answer any other questions, but will this satisfy for now?