[Zope-dev] 2.7 series dropped PASV_FTP_PORTRANGE

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Mon Jul 12 10:15:35 EDT 2004

In the 2.6 series I submitted a patch to support specifying the range of tcp ports to use on
the server for pasv ftp transfers.

I still need this functionality, but I see that the "environment variable hack" isn't in
medusa/ftp_server.py

I thought perhaps something in zope.conf would specify this, but it seems not to be there.

In fact, I see no clean way to pass port range information from ZServer.FTPServer to
medusa.ftp_server  (hence why we used an environment variable hack in the past)

For my use case, the pasv port range is always "near" the range used by the listening ftp
daemon anyway, so a simple solution for me is to look at the control connection port and just
find an open port that is "nearby".

However the better solution, I suppose, is to allow the port range to be specified in
zope.conf.

But what's the best way (architecturally) to cleanly get this information into medusa's
ftp_server.py module?

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements