[Zope-dev] Log name variable and log procedure ( connection client )

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jul 12 13:50:28 EDT 2004

listador listas wrote at 2004-7-12 12:36 +0200:
>This morning, I need to know which is the source IP
>where the client is connected from.

"REQUEST['REMOTE_ADDR']".

Note, however, that it is not too difficult to forge it.

Moreover, when you put another web server in front of Zope (recommended),
then "REMOTE_ADDR" may contain the IP address of this proxy.
Apache provides a way ("proxy_via") to make the correct address
available (up to forging).

>I was found across the code but I cannot find
>anything, can anybody tell me where is the procedure
>(file) that calls the log procedure with the IPś
>client ?

What?
I do not understand this part of your question...

--
Dieter