[Zope-dev] APE and .svn folders, broke ZMI

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Mon Jul 19 15:23:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've run into a problem with Ape and I cannot determine if it's caused by a change in Python
version, Zope version or Ape version.

I have this problem with Ape 0.71, 0.8,  and 0.81

And, Zope 2.7.1 and 2.7.2RC1 and Python 2.3.4

Basically, I use subversion to control my file-system files, so each folder that Ape uses also
has a .svn subfolder.

Sometime, probably when upgrading from Zope 2.7.0 to 2.7.1, the folders (which I think used
to show up as .svn) are now showing up w/o a name.

So, clicking on the folder (which corresponds to the modification time of the .svn folder),
would send me to this URL

http://server3.strader-ferris.com:7180/Strader/P/FS/Customer//manage_workspace

(note the double slash at the end)

I don't need to access .svn folders. But,  now I cannot use ZMI to create objects in any Ape
hosted folder. I get an error.

Error Type: FSWriteError
Error Value: Not a legal object name: ''

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Zope.App.startup, line 222, in commit
  Module ZODB.Transaction, line 236, in commit
  Module ZODB.Transaction, line 351, in _commit_objects
  Module apelib.zodb3.connection, line 294, in commit
  Module apelib.zodb3.storage, line 162, in store
  Module apelib.core.io, line 110, in store
  Module apelib.core.gateways, line 85, in store
  Module apelib.fs.structure, line 124, in store
  Module apelib.fs.connection, line 270, in write_directory
FSWriteError: Not a legal object name:

The above traceback occured, for example, when trying to create a file object called 'xyz'.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements